Who we are
For more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.
Through our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we’re leading the charge to a carbon-negative future—reducing, reusing, recycling and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.
Our differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology, facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world’s largest organizations to solve their most pressing environmental challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
All that we’re missing is you. Join us today!!
Diversity, inclusivity, engagement—these are the values that help us foster a strong sense of community within Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides opportunities for growth.
As an Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and environmentally sound operations of industrial systems and equipment associated with Covanta’s industrial disposal process.
- Perform daily routine inspections of assigned equipment and fills out necessary log sheets according to procedures
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and reports all malfunctioning equipment through the issuance of work orders
- Perform checks as required by the weekly activities book, the monthly critical items check list, etc
- Perform lockout and tagout of equipment in support of maintenance activities
- Operate various other types of mobile equipment such as aerial lift, sweeper, forklift, and mini skid-steer
- Maintains proper fuel, lubricant and oil levels for operation of assigned equipment
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and an orderly work area, including cleaning ash handling equipment.
- Operate, adjust, service, repair, inspect, clean and lubricate the P-Flow conveyor system and make necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation
- Determine the tools, parts, supplies, and equipment necessary to perform assigned jobs
- Additional duties as assigned to ensure safe and efficient facility operations, assist in
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- GED/High School Diploma, preferred (Covanta offers GED Works – a fully funded program for employees to achieve their GED)
- Must have experience operating heavy industrial equipment, mechanical experience preferred
- Previous experience with rigging
- Frequently ascends or descends ladders, stairs, elevated walkways, ramps, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Frequently lifts or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts or moves up to 100 pounds
- Position requires working near and around operating mechanical parts and mobile equipment and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations
- Capable of wearing personal protective equipment, such as hearing protectors and respirators, as necessary
- Rotating days, 3PM to 11PM
What Covanta Offers You:
- Health Care Benefits - start 1st day of employment
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- 401k - match up to 7%
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.