We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
The Trust Administrator II is responsible for assisting the team in developing new business, working with internal partners to proactively grow the estates and trust business. The role utilizes diverse methods and skills to build relationships with local centers of influence including lawyers and accountants, as well as with local representatives of private wealth management. The Trust Administrator II makes decisions on moderately complex issues, assisting the manager in creating and implementing a regional plan for sourcing business and raising awareness of CIBC’s Trust products. The role exercises independent judgement to assess new business opportunities, gather all required information, identify potential risks and provide mitigation plans. The role connects people and networks, drawing on the Bank’s broader team and supporting our community, proactively referring beneficiaries to CIBC partners in order to keep funds within CIBC.
- Responsible for providing high quality, high touch day-to-day servicing of Corporate and Institutional Services (CIS) client accounts.
- Role will have client contact and assist in processing custody, escrow and depositary agent account openings and transactions.
- Manage daily client transactions and inquiries accurately, within established deadlines, and in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Act as the conduit between the team functions and bank middle office and operations.
- Manage new account onboarding including but not limited to opening and facilitation of account funding and cost basis input.
- Handle inbound and outbound telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner; route calls to the appropriate parties; and conduct necessary follow up to satisfy client requests.
- Act as the Conduit between the team functions and bank operations to facilitate account maintenance, specialty asset set-up, pricing updates, file uploads and international wires.
- Research, follow-up and resolve client inquiries and problems through effective interaction with clients, RIA partners, CIBC Private Wealth Relationship Managers, and operations departments in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in other duties as requested by Relationship Managers and Firm Management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of financial industry experience.
- Strong organizational skills necessary to manage working with multiple Advisors and clients at once.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, but also able to collaborate with other client service colleagues as needed.
- Follow-up skills essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively with minimal direction.
- Capacity to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn proprietary software and databases.
- Develop professional relationships with and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with the aptitude to competently handle multiple responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly proficient user of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a benefits program*, a vacation offering, wellbeing support, and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
*Subject to plan and program terms and conditions
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Job LocationIL - 181 W Madison
SkillsAccount Maintenance, Account Openings, Analytical Thinking, Client Relationship Management, Communication, Customer Experience (CX), Estate Accounts, Power of Attorney (POA), Trust Services, Work Collaboratively