As the company expands in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region (EMEA), and the complexity and diversity of the customer base has increased; this role will be responsible for the processing of customer invoices, including compliance checks, and resolution of any issues that arise in this changing environment.
The role will be remotely managed; the role will involve a large amount of independent and unsupervised work.
RESPONSIBILITIES and GOALS:
- Processing customer invoices on the company ERP system (Navision 5.0)
- Checking all supporting documentation to allow invoicing is filed correctly in accordance with company internal control requirements [SOX (Sarbanes Oxley)]
- Following up with staff from other departments and companies, as required, where supporting documentation does not meet the SOX requirements, and resolving any issues that may arise so that SOX requirements are met, particularly with the factory in Malaysia where the position is based, but also the factories in the US and UK.
- Producing correct and accurate pro-forma invoices when required.
- Issuing customer statements
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Resolving queries with customers
- Chasing customers for payment as required
- Maintain customer contact records
- Providing regular feedback (daily) by email and phone on work activities and resolution of issues to the credit control manager, including summarising the issues and actions being taken.
- Ad hoc requests as required
- Assist with the collection and creation of documents needed to negotiate letters of credit
- Work with financial planning & analysis team to obtain accurate information on timelines for shipments from the factory in Malaysia as needed
- Follow corporate policies and technical procedures.
- Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the company's values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies
- Perform other duties as required.
- Degree / Diploma in Accountancy
- Competent in the use of ERP systems
- Able to use Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level (data manipulation into pivot tables and use of logical formulae etc. in order to determine compliant data with non-compliant data)
- Knowledge of US accounting helpful
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years working experience in manufacturing.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, Excellent English language skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities