UL helps companies demonstrate safety, confirm compliance, enhance sustainability, manage transparency, deliver quality and performance, strengthen security, protect brand reputation, build workplace excellence, and advance societal wellbeing. Some of the services offered by UL include: inspection, advisory services, education and training, testing, auditing and analytics, certification software solutions, and marketing claim verification.
This position will be with the ASEAN Energy & Power Technologies team within UL, sitting in the Singapore office.
This is who we are: In local or international projects, our engineering teams run investigation programs for product certification, starting with analyzing the project scope and determining the project specifications, continuing with establishing and conducting test programs for product investigations, and ending up with preparing reports for clients. We are internationally recognized at working on technical problems of diverse purposes and obtaining solutions. We demonstrate good judgment and adhere to work processes, procedures and global standards because we are not only evaluators but we have a passion for what we do.
- Analyze project scope and determine project specifications
- Establish test programs for product investigations; analyze test programs for adequacy and sequence
- Examine samples for compliance with requirements of appropriate Standards
- Communicate project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports
- Work with the lab staff in the test specification and coordinate administrative aspects of project management
- Resolve engineering issues by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variation
- Integrate basic continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Communicate with management and technical staff to provide suggestions for new equipment, process and forms to improve accuracy and efficiencies
- Resolve engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations
- Assist in the development of UL requirements
- Assist in developing special test methods and test equipment
- Analyze test program for adequacy and sequence
- Performs other duties as required
- Collaborate with commercial teams for marketing need
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent education from University / College, equipped with 3-5 years of experience in engineering / design validation / testing and certification / manufacturing in Industrial Control Equipment such as PLC, Power Supplies, Relay / Switches / Sensors, or Power Distribution Equipment such as Transformer / Busway / Switchgear etc. Experience in Testing & Certification or Conformity Assessment activities are an added advantage.
A successful Senior Project Engineer in UL should have a strong understanding of technical vocabulary of various standards, ability to interpret the standards in to test procedure and plan, and carry out evaluation and validation of test parameters. He/She should possess a strong customer focus mind set and passio to work for customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills is needed to keep the customer informed about the project progress and manage stakeholder relationship.