DSM Human Nutrition & Health Department is looking for a Digital Strategist - a passionate digital strategic thinker, who will inspire colleagues by envisioning and living the future.
Within Human Nutrition & Health we want to embrace the future and change the way we work by lifting on all rapid developments in a digital world. We want to set our digital aspiration, enthuse the organization around it and implement in a rapid way to create early success stories. The ultimate objective is to delight our customers, consumers, employees and other stakeholders.
You will be part of the Global Commercial & Strategy Human Nutrition & Health (HNH) team. Besides this function you will have a direct line to the President of HNH, Global Marketing, Global Premix operations, our Regions and Corporate support functions, in specific DSM Marketing & Sales Excellence and Corporate ICT.
As member of this team you will provide:
- A Bold and Fresh View; your personal views and learnings will trigger your colleagues
- Strategic thinking; you set the aspiration, keep the big picture in mind
- Best Practices; you pragmatically apply the latest learnings and stay on top of new developments
- Creativity; you apply creative interventions and techniques and challenge the conventional thinking
- Impact; you drive and measure results, drive for early successes, and ensure anchoring
This is not a typical role. This is a newly created role to help us shape our future. The ideal Digital Strategist will need to develop digital strategies enabling the Marketing & Sales teams and Premix Operations teams within the HNH Group to adapt to the challenges brought by digital technologies, to transform digital data into valuable business actions, to convert digital strategies and tactics into growth, as well as to facilitate the digital know how and capabilities building. In addition to this you are expected to spend about 20-30% of your time on other strategic projects key for the future of HNH.
You are an inspirational professional with high influencing skills who is self-propelling and has the drive to accomplish and deliver by working with cross-functional team members (digital, corporate IT, M&S, communication, operations). Moreover, we look for a person passionate about driving changes in the ecosystem and spearheading reinvention and change. You bring diversity and are able as a team player, to navigate with cultural differences, but you do not shy away of taking a leadership role. Customer centricity is your conviction and you know how to bring this alive, preferably in both B2B/B2C context.
Are you an energetic, externally oriented, and inspirational professional with a drive to make a change, then we might have a fit!
- An inspiring professional with a master degree in marketing, business, or technology (or equivalent)
- 5-10 years of experience in the digital world (strategy/management consulting, internet company, e-commerce in established company, start-up, digital marketing) with demonstrable transformational impact through development and implementation of a cross-organizational digital strategy
- Strong understanding and passion for the technical aspects of digital business. E- and M-commerce business models, digital breakthrough platforms and technologies like AI, Machine learning, IoT, big data analytics, Blockchain have no secrets for you
- Well-versed in the effective use of digital analytics including predictive analytics to transform products into services and solutions
- Proven experience in developing new channels and business models for Marketing & Sales and Operations with improved customer experience in mind
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills & ability to work with stakeholders at middle and senior management levels
- Known for fresh / original thinking and inspiring ideas and able to break silo- and conventional thinking
- Ability to effectively deal with different cultures, able to travel on international base
- Team player
- Project management capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills, as well as experience working as a partner with the senior leadership team
- Fluent in English is preferred (and preferably other languages)