NOC Service Engineer
Our Network Operations Centre (NOC) provides 24 x 7 supports to our customers in Asia Pacific region. The scope of support includes monitoring the infrastructure in the data centers, 1st level troubleshooting of network-related issue, network configuration, and ticket management.
- Actively works in performing network monitoring and creating solutions that allow proactive network monitoring. Monitor network devices, software health and network tools health.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer trouble and incident. Works closely with the customer or with the vendor until resolution.
- Perform level 1 network support such as configuring switches, routers and other network devices.
- Document and published approved work instructions and procedures for internal reference.
- Notify customer in the event of an incident and maintenance activity.
- In the event of critical situation or major service outage, NOC will perform crisis management. This includes activating conference bridge and coordination with cross-functional team.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant hands-on working experience within Service Provider network, hardware platforms and architectures such as Cisco and Juniper routers and switches.
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Knowledge on Service Provider technologies
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Has working experience on monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Certification such as CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, RHCSA or equivalent is required
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work with service providers and customers around the world.
- Able to work 12 hours shift. Able and willing to be on-call standby as needed.
- Willing to be based in Pioneer Walk (comes with Location Allowance).