Junior Executive, Client Support
Telum Media is an exciting young company established in 2013 to provide an Asia Pacific media database and news service to PR agencies and corporates around the region. The goal is to continue improving and growing this region’s only media-professional database. Telum Media is based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney and London.
The primary focus of the role will be to monitor and action Telum Talks (client queries) for the region and co-ordinate with other data executives. We pride ourselves on our rapid and efficient customer service and this role is critical in delivering that.
As a Client Support Junior Executive you will be expected to interact with clients and journalists. You will primarily support clients by answering requests that come in either via email or telephone. In addition you will establish and build client relationships through meetings, events and training sessions; therefore a professional manner is required. The role will also include researching the media industry and adding media and journalists profiles to ensure the quality of the database for the region. You will be responsible for the quality of the media intelligence added to the system. You will also need to work closely with colleagues from our offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney and London on data and research projects and client requests.
This role is based in Singapore, but because of the nature of the company and the work we do, there may be a very small element of travel involved.
- Resolving client queries promptly (maintaining the protocols and deadlines set in place)
- Ensuring internal communications is smooth when passing work on to be dealt with
- Liaising with other team members about issues and escalating any issues that can’t be answered
- Liaising with various internal and external departments on issues
- Required to manage multiple queries within tight deadlines.
- Able to discuss with the client the services that Telum provides via phone or email.
- Identifying any potential up-sell opportunities
- Growing relationships with the clients to be their trusted advisors.
- Admin work related to client requests (e.g. creating accounts)
- Training clients on the Telum Media system
- (Shared) responsibility for out of hours requests
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- People management skills
- Highly organised and efficient; good time management skills
- Being confident and focused while working
- Great negotiation skills
- Have a professional and courteous manner at all times
- A problem solver – always looking for a solution
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough work ethos
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Relationship building and maintain relationships
- Ability to work to deadlines and self-prioritise
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative whilst working in a team environment
- Willing to go beyond client expectations where possible and strong commitment to getting the job done
- Comfortable in taking responsibility for tasks assigned and client work
- Enthusiasm for meeting and exceeding clients requirements
- Strong work ethic and understanding of importance of quality customer service
The successful applicant will be a professional and confident communicator capable of quickly forming professional relationships within our team, building the confidence of journalists and other media industry figures.
This role is suitable for those who are new to the work field, or have had limited customer service experience. They will have excellent attention to detail and are natural problem solvers.
You will be PC literate and have and clear and concise phone manner. For a customer service/ order processing background you be confident in dealing with enquires and liaising with customers. There will be opportunities for career progression within Telum Media.