Experience & Qualification
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Law and be admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience in corporate & commercial matters is required for this position of which 5 years holding a managerial position.
- Knowledge in corporate secretarial matters would be an added advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, meticulous, strategic thinker and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills with high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Well versed with statutory requirements, regulations and legislations applicable to corporations in general.
- Providing and coordinating the provision of sound legal advice, opinion and representation through liaison with appointed external counsel to ensure that the management is well-informed on the legal risks of the business transaction that it enters into.
- Supervising, managing and resolving legal issues in contracts and litigation matters by reviewing the contract/litigation matter in question and liaising with external solicitor when necessary to ensure that the company’s interest is well protected.
- Managing and supervising all company secretarial matters through a periodical review with external Company Secretary to ensure compliance with the Companies Act 2016 and other relevant acts & regulations.
- Representing the Company in any negotiation in connection with litigation, agreements, contracts, etc with external parties by using acquired negotiation skills with the objective of upholding the company’s interest in the particular transaction.
- Developing appropriate policies and procedures on legal frameworks for the business to ensure good corporate governance and compliance with the prescribed standards of conduct.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?