- Responsible for managing and implementation of the organization overall regulatory compliance governance and framework, including AML/CFT and Sanction compliance program.
- Conducts compliance risk assessment of the organization, including reports on ML/TF inherent risks and AML/CFT mitigating controls, on-going compliance status and on any findings of infringements and its recommended actions.
This includes institutional ML/TF (IRA), products and business risk assessment and
review of all business units’ policies, procedures and process to ensure compliance
towards the regulatory requirement.
- Ensure effective implementation of AML/CFT policy and procedures requirements by all business units across the organization, including robust CDD/ECDD process and periodic review process, proper risk profiling of customers/KYC with appropriate ML/TF risk, screening requirements, enhancement of AML/CFT
controls and monitoring. This includes analyze and conduct of internal due diligencecompliance reviews/KYC on higher AML risk cases escalated by business units to Compliance.
- Continuously review the compliance and regulatory risk by conducting thematic/periodic compliance monitoring reviews, produce review reports
findings of corrective measures up to closure of actions, in compliance with AML/CFT laws regulations and policies.
- Responsible for AML/CFT transaction monitoring (TM) activities, reviews of TM alerts and conducts STR related investigations and investigation of potentially suspicious transactions and/or high risk customers, including fraud investigations and law enforcement agencies related investigations. The role includes
establish relevant internal criteria and red flags to detect suspicious transactions,
maintenance of negative listing, ensuring effective day to day AML operations handling and maintenance of AML systems and monitoring tools.
- Acts as Money Laundering Reporting Officer to submit Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). Advises the management on confirmed unusual and/suspicious transactions with escalation of AML
concerns. Liaise with BNM, relevant regulatory and agency to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and handling of audit reviews (internal & external) engagements.
- Continuously review, update and implement the Group compliance policies, manuals, procedures, systems and control mechanisms in
complying with applicable laws and regulations, including AML/CFT regulations, and best practice.
- Ensures proper records keeping and periodic reporting to the Board and Risk Management Committee (BRC) of non-compliance incidents/issues, including AML/CFT reporting, through submission of Compliance Reports to BRC.
- Provides regulatory advisory to all compliance related enquiries
from business units, including AML/CFT and Sanction matters. Supervise Designated Compliance Officer at the various departments on AML/CFT and Sanction matters.
- Conducts regulatory compliance training, including AML/CFT awareness training and program.
- Bachelor’s/University Degree from recognized university or equivalent experience on
compliance related disciplines. Preferably with AML/CFT professional certification.
- Minimum 8 years and above of relevant post-qualification experience within the
financial services industry, with at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Experience in a compliance function is a must, preferably gained from banking or
financial credit services industry.
- Possess good understanding, knowledge and applications of compliance risk
management, best practice and methodologies.
- Extensive regulatory knowledge (AML/CFT, KYC, Suspicious Transaction etc.).
- Experience in background check such as AML/CFT screening, KYC/CDD/ECDD.
- Experience in performing AML/CFT Transaction Monitoring and review of transaction alerts, report generation, solution case management through AML system and tools.
- Experience in performing regulatory compliance risk assessment.
Ability to multi-task, identify problems and issues and apply problem solving skills to provide solutions.
- Ability to work independently, lead and coach subordinates, as well as good team
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Ordered, organized and able to determinepriorities for self and subordinates.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities
No. 8, Level 18, UOA Corporate Tower, Avenue 10, The Vertical Bangsar South City, Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Click to view the location on Google maps
Manager, Personal Finance
Assistant Manager - Operation Improvement (Processing Department)
FINANCE MANAGER (KLANG, SELANGOR)
Assistant Cost Manager / Cost Manager
Assistant Finance Manager (ACCA, Audit)
Senior Finance Manager
Manager, Compliance Unit (Regulatory Compliance)
Manager - Credit Planning