- Design, implements, monitors & maintain all policies and procedures relating to safety and health with the ultimate aim of ensuring a level of safety and health in FISB.
- Liaison with local authority (especially DOSH) on matters concerning:-
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) 1994 and its regulation
- Factories and Machineries Act / FMA 1967 and its regulation
- Conduct and maintained HIRARC analysis across the premise
- Responsible to implement all relevant Permit To Work System which consist of Cold Work Permit, Hot Work Permit, Working at Height Permit, Confined Space Permit, and Chemical Work Permit
- Responsible to conduct a safety briefing to the new workers, contractors and visitors prior to to work commences at our plant.
- Responsible on the penalty for all contractor or workers for non-conformances that is not meeting our rules and regulation safety standard of FISB.
- Organize and coordinate safety and health committee meetings, including act as secretary in the meeting also arranging for minute to be taken.
- Coordinate the needs of Personal Protective Equipment in the plants and make recommendations to the management.
- Responsible in internal and external audit for safety and health management system (OSHMS)
- Prepare of annual safety training programmed based on the training needs/competency and arrangement for the implementation.
- Prepare and arrange several type of in-house training regarding safety and health.
- Responsible to submit a monthly report to Factory Manager on all issue related to safety.
- Responsible to ensure safety statistics records to be updated.
- To establish events and program - promoting awareness among employees in regards to the safety and health.
- Manage and maintain record on reported incidents and accidents, conduct investigations / inspection findings and propose recommendation for improvement or preventive measure.
- Perform a regular walk-through survey on plant to check on the unsafe act or unsafe condition and to take action on the issue.
- Responsible in compliance of all safety health and environment monitoring and medical surveillance that required under our premise.
- Responsible in fire safety system protection in our premise.
- Responsible in the compliance and the application of the BOMBA Fire Certification by yearly.
- To maintain all safety and health equipment under department such as SCBA and Gas Detector.
- To monitor WWTP Operation in maintaining the effluent discharge from WWTP meet the DOE standard B requirements.
- To monitor the schedule waste management system to meet the requirement and standards.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge in - OSHA 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:1996
- Authorized to approved confine space entry permit and other permit on the absent of the dedicated managers on the respective permit.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety) or equivalent.
- Qualified Safety Officer Certificate is advantage.
- Candidate who has sat for NIOSH test of S.H.E are encourage to apply.
- Obtained NIOSH green book with min 3 years working experience in SHE/ESH. Good knowledge in fire prevention and chemical hazards. Good in documentation including SOP, HIRARC, knowledge in crisis management and business resumption plan and computer literate.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Regular team activities
- Company trips
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Free Parking
- Meal allowance
- Attractive benefits
Lot 596 Lebuh Raja Lumu, Pandamaran Industrial Estate,42009 Port Klang, Selangor
Click to view the location on Google maps