Responsible to coordinate and communicate with Production, Forwarders, Internal and External customers on shipment status, ensure smooth transition of delivery of shipments. Requires working closely with S&OP, manufacturing and commercial team to ensure a timely and cost competitive export supply chain. This includes shipments to international customers.
Responsibilities and Authority
- Work with the commercial organization to develop the right processes, systems, and tools to generate a reliable SKU level forecast
- Convert the forecasts into supply plans and inventory targets
- Identify and drive functional improvements across forecasting, Demand planning, scheduling, and production supply planning
- Support the Sales & Operations Planning process by partnering with various teams in the organization
- Partner with teams to ensure inventory levels are managed, including the mitigation of risk driven by idle and obsolete inventory.
- Identifies the appropriate models and process necessary for supply chain optimization and provide recommendation of actions to the business team.
- Analyse data to prioritize improvement opportunities in lead time, inventory requirements, order fulfilment costs and overall service levels.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining logistics & warehouse strategy.
- Requires working closely with S&OP, manufacturing and commercial team to ensure a timely and cost competitive export supply chain. This includes shipments to international customers.
- Responsible for handling the technical details of international transportation-multiple modes, complex documentation, and varying customs regulations, developing distribution strategies, and building relationships with logistics intermediaries.
- Responsible for customer service operation to uphold excellent customer service level, efficiently manage order entry function and follow up order confirmation, execute & follow up on customers' order change requests, monitor and manage customers' backlogs to ensure on-time delivery, Inventory targets and others as defined, and develop continuous improvements in the Quote-to-Invoice Process
- Establishes the supply chain performance targets and metrics to evaluate actual performance in support of business and functional strategies.
- Gatekeeper role to ensure country and company regulatory, policy and laws are met.
- Ensure lead-time of final products shipment ETD are met as scheduled
- Lead and guide the Sales Operation & Logistics Executive/Assistant to ensure cost-efficient and on time logistics arrangement as planned.
- Monitor the deliveries and movement from the point of origin of delivery in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with Production, Forwarders, Internal and External customers on shipment status, ensure smooth transition of delivery of shipments.
- Obtain relevant Certification approval are completed and obtained on time to prevent jeopardizing delivery schedule.
- Prepare products for shipment and communicating with various shipping carriers to ensure proper shipments are delivered on time.
- Handle and schedule pickups between vendors and carriers.
- Create and preparation of Bill of Landings, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, etc.
- Update customers with shipping status and transit information.
- Responsible to prepare monthly report for Management Review as well as Department Improvement Project.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned from time to time by the superior and Management.
- Preferably candidates with Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistic / Business Administration or relevant qualifications.
- Possess at least 5-year and above of hands-on experience with the Logistics & Manufacturing industry.
- Experience in International Shipping Arrangement/ Inbound or Outbound document processing is a MUST.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with all levels of an organization are required
- High level interpersonal and leadership skills; must be able to influence and coach across multiple levels within the company and locations; including establishing regional partnerships
- Strong administrative and organizational skills required with the ability to independently handle multiple tasks and deliverables.
- Highly analytical, self-motivated individual with extensive problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Logistics or Freight Forwarding industry and Logistics, Airfreight and Ocean Freight Operations
- Good IT skills and proficient in MS applications (word, excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), experience in using ERP system is required
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, independent & a team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to change as our business grows and develops.
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities
- Free parking