The primary function of this job is to undertake the responsibility as a strategic and technical resource for Cloud and Data Centre Focus Area or Data Cloud, especially related to the strategic enablers (power, connectivity, location, regime, data privacy, security, sovereignty, energy etc.). These activities include:
- Implementation and “Positioning Malaysia as a global hub for cloud and data centre services
- Identify gaps and opportunities to develop policy and strategy for the critical enablers to support Malaysia as a global hub for cloud and data centres services.
- Engagement of relevant stakeholders for identified Strategic Enablers to facilitate the achievement of the objectives
Develop/ enhance the strategic enablers for Domestic Cloud and Data Centre ecosystem:
- Undertake the situational analysis (ie. local and regional, markets, technologies,
opportunities and emerging trends, etc.) to guide the industry development for Data Centre and Cloud
- Research and analysis on macro competitive factors related to the data centre and cloud ecosystem; policies, regulations, technology, competitors, legal and regulatory regime and financial incentives
- Research and analysis on technologies, best practices on data policies (security, privacy, compliance, sovereignty) for cloud and data centres
- Assist in case studies/business case development
- Assist the preparation and escalation of policy papers, reports and documentations
- Monitoring the implementation of strategic enablers
- Industry desktop research – develop database and keeping in touch with Industry news and events
Positioning of Malaysia as a global hub for cloud and data centre services through industry/ stakeholder engagement:
- Assist in planning and organizing business engagement forums webinars to increase cloud adoption in various sector of industry
- Assist in identifying policy gaps, proposing policies (research on policies, regulations and engagement with Ministries, industries, regulators)
Monitoring and administrative - maintenance of competitive intelligence and databases (DC ecosystem):
- Research and update information on cloud and data centre industry related news, trends and information
- Maintain a database of data centres related industry information and reports such as on policies, telecommunication and networking studies, reports, pricing competitive factors
- Documentation, progress tracking, reporting and processing of invoices
Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned by the Management and/or Division/BU Head:
- Support and participate in organisational or enterprise-wide initiatives, programmes and committees
Undertake special projects/ ad-hoc tasks assigned by Supervisor and Senior Management as and when required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering (Telecommunications/ Computer/ Electronics), Economics, Technology Management or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in research and analysis; and preparing policy papers. Having relevant knowledge in the areas of Cloud technology, data sovereignty, connectivity (Fibre, submarine cables, Data centres) and energy will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Competitive benefit