As a leading position of IT department and an employee responsible for organisation-wide systems and information, the IT Manager job description should include the following;
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage and responsible for the smooth running & maintenance of company’s information technology assets and computer systems
● Design, develop, implement and coordinate IT systems on policies and procedures
● Maintains IT quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards & industry’s best practices
● Identify and act on opportunities to improve & update software & systems
● Regular audit of system + network checks and assess outcomes with proposal & solutions in time.
● Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
● Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
● Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages including electronic data operations
● Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
● Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user project.
● Collaborate with other key departments (Marketing/Training/Customer. Service/Operations) to optimize usage of IT & systems to achieve company objectives
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational. workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
● Designing training programs and internal workshops for staff Education & Experience Requirement
● Proven working experience as an IT Manager
● Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
● Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
● Skills include: technical understanding, analyzing information, problem solving, coordination & collaboration, quality management.
● Expertise in data centre management and data governance
● BS in Computer Science, minimum diploma in a computer field
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Regular team activities
- Company trips
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities