Job Summary :
A lead coordinator supports a Programme Manager to complete projects on time and within the proposed budget. Coordinates programme schedules, resources and information and liaises with other teams members and external partners/clients to define the requirements, scope and objectives for a programme. Works closely with
partners/clients to ensure the goals, objectives and aims of the projects are being met as it evolves. Leads ACE Special Projects for APEC events, UNDP Youth Co:Lab Summit and/or any other special projects tasked as when required. To support in delivering other programmes (Global Market-Fit Programme, MyStartup Hub, Strategic Global Partnerships).
- Support the Programme Manager in creating a project plan which includes project schedules, milestones, tracking of project budget, due dates and any other resources required for the project.
- Ensuring projects meets deadlines which includes the day-to-day workplans and arrangements.
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where
necessary according to SOP and Programme governance.
- Identifying areas of improvement (programme design, policies & procedures)
and leading the development and continuous evolution of the APEC & UNDP
programme deliverable. This includes the strategic direction based on MOSTI’s
- Support the Programme Manager in liaising and coordinating with external and
- Assist the Programme Manager on matters related to International relations,
ensuring Malaysian impression and image as a friendly/helpful country for
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for management as
- Ensuring all incoming and outgoing project documentation is in line with
MaGIC’s governance guidelines.
- Coordinate venue, logistics, speakers and event management for all relevant
- Assist the Programme Manager in planning and execution of various programs
and projects under ACE, which includes Global Market-Fit Programme,
MyStartup Hub, Strategic Global Partnerships, and other related projects.
- All other duties related to ACE key deliverable as assigned by Senior Manager
ACE and agreed upon by the contractor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Min Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university (any related field).
- Min 6 to 8 years of working experience in some or all the followings: programme or project management, corporate and stakeholder development, startup entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Has experience in project or programme execution and demonstrates knowledge of the business and startup ecosystem within ASEAN and International context.
- Demonstrates ability to work well under pressure, able to manage programmes through completion, on time and on budget.
- Comfortable with minimal supervision but highly result-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities as well as manage team relations (people-oriented).
- Strong and clear communicator and attention to detail.
- Willing to travel internationally and familiar with International
- Proficient in English and Bahasa.
- Possess own transport with a valid driving license
- Ability to connect across startups, investors, corporates, partners and government agencies to deliver integrated strategy for MaGIC.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Regular team activities
- Personal leave
- Open culture