- To take pride in personal appearance for personal hygiene and uniform.
- To co-ordinate, in detail on the Restaurant / Banquet / food production, and all specific duties to all employees under his supervision.
- To check all set-ups for restaurant and banquet functions. Responsible for the correct timing during service and to ensure that food served is always of the highest standards.
- To insist on a uniform visual appearance of all dishes prepared. Presentation and garnish must be prepared according to standards.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments.
- To work closely with receiving and storeroom. To make sure that received goods are of the standard quality and according to hotel’s specifications.
- To supervise food tasting sessions.
- To check on set-up prior to operations.
- Updates menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions.
- Ensures food portioning, serving, requisitions / receiving from stores are properly controlled / minimised wastage.
- Proven work experience as a Chinese Chef.
- People and customer oriented.
- Team builder.
- Displays initiative and creativity.
- Commitment to professional values.
- Willing to work long hours.
- To help others outlet when needed.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
Batu Ferringhi Beach, 11100 Batu Ferringhi, Penang Malaysia
Click to view the location on Google maps