A shipping assistant should have good communication skills, both oral and written. should be self- motivated, a team player and proactive in terms of taking the initiative to perform tasks as required. trustworthy, reliable, time conscious and keen on details. should be decisive and committed to serving customers. Also adapt well to different environments because the position requires interaction with different kinds of people. A shipping assistant needs to be detail oriented and accurate in the provision of information and international shipping systems. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Responsibities & duties
- Process incoming and outgoing shipment and assist the Supply Chain Manager
- Provides assistance in shipping and the handling of import and export documentation.
- Assist in preparation of invoices, Delivery Orders and lists of items.
- Works with carriers and other shipping personnel.
- Liaises with the sales team.
- Files export orders and maintains documentation related to shipping activities.
- Provides customer service and serves in an administrative capacity.
- Monitors the status of the shipment, coordinates suppliers, agents and customers
- Schedule deliveries, Track shipments, Check delivered loads for accurate inventory
- Process customer orders
- Collaborate with warehouse staff to ensure orders are fulfilled properly
- Minimum academic qualification / diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Sufficient knowledge of a range of Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
- For those who posses diploma in shipping and courier knowledge have a greater advantage.
- For fresh graduate, on job training will be provided.
- Fluent in languages
- Able to travel ( own car has advantage)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities