Seeking a high-energy culinary Sous Chef who is a well-rounded leader, who pays equal respect to caring for people, food quality and upholding systems and policies and a professional with an uncompromising commitment to ethics, honesty and high-quality to manage our esteemed restaurant called Kikubari (KKBR) which is a progressive Japanese casual dining establishment, with the care and attention to detail of fine dining standards. Our food is highly ingredient driven, with emphasis on Japanese produce and sustainably sourced ingredients, and applying a progressive method/concept towards the creation of a dish. Being progressive means to progress, this includes progression of our personal growth, skills, knowledge and our food in relation towards dining/ social/environmental trends.
The Sous Chef is responsible for kitchen operations with an emphasis on production, menu compliance, daily operation and menu development. This position reports to and works closely with the Head Chef. The Sous Chef assists in supporting the highest possible client/customer satisfaction levels, associate relations and unit retention program effectiveness. Assists in the achievement of company and client financial goals.
- Proven years of experience as a Sous Chef.
- Familiarity of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Good record of kitchen and staff management.
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Expert with industry's best practices.
- Knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Science or related certificate would be a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities
- Meals provided