Your responsibility as a Unix Systems Engineer (Senior) is to provide advance UNIX operating system support to ensure high availability. Other than monitor health status of UNIX servers you shall directly be involved in the patching and hardening of customer and internal servers, as well as in troubleshooting any issues related to the Unix to the task mentioned.
- Serve as technical advisor on as AIX, Solaris and RHEL operating systems.
- Provides support for the various UNIX and application services runs in the server.
- UNIX administration, automated deployments, and scripting
- To work with Development, Testing, Application Maintenance, Incident and Problem Management teams to implement new changes in production, install new releases of existing applications and troubleshoot issues across all production and non-production environments.
- Provide support for key functions by ensuring sufficient capacity exists to support the service to clients.
- Provides standby support and maintenance, upgrades to the infrastructure to ensure a stable operational environment.
- Monitor the performance and availability of the system components in production and test environments.
- To work in a team to categorize, prioritize and resolve system performance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology/computer science or a related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in Unix administration or a related field.
- Proven experience in administering 24/7 business critical systems both physical and virtualized servers.
- Experience in either AIX or Solaris and RHEL operating systems is a must.
- Experience in installing, troubleshooting, upgrading, patching, and tuning on the above UNIX operating systems.
- Knowledge in scripting using Shell.
- Knowledge in managing middleware products like WebLogic, WebSphere or JBoss
- Preferably from banking industry
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Teamwork and negotiation skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Transport Allowance
- Mobile phone allowance
- Medical & Insurance
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Career Advancement Opportunities