We're looking for a talented and highly motivated lawyer to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses in Kuala Lumpur. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law and regulatory matters
pertaining the industry.
You will be responsible for counseling the business operations, by giving pro-active, professional, competent, (cost) effective and creative legal support. You'll need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will collaborate with local business leaders (Business Development, Project Finance and Construction) as well
as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting & HR) advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the Company’s businesses. You will be required to work independently as well as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to the daily day job.
Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
- Advising on industry framework with a proper understanding of the main terms and conditions of grants, Joint Bidding Agreements (JBAs), Loan Agreements,
- Construction and Supply Agreements, EPC Agreements and other typical contracts internationally used by the specific industry.
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to projects.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Represent the department as required in liaison with the Country Manager / business units
- Ethics and Compliance and governance services.
- Cooperation with the other members of the legal department abroad.
- To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law with strong academic credentials.
- 4+ years of legal experience in a top tier national or international law firm.
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience on managing external legal counsels.
- Relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: M&A, Project Finance, and
- Construction and EPC Agreements.
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues of an independent power producer, including regulatory framework.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Malay and English
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Central location
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities