The incumbent reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to offer his/her support to the management and operations of Hospital. Along with the COO, he/she is responsible to champion process improvements for the hospital in areas of quality and patient related services.
The Operations Manager will be working closely with Heads of Departmental to ensure efficient and optimal service delivery, whilst driving continuous improvements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the COO to ensure the efficient and effective running of the hospital.
2. Work in conjunction with HODs to ensure appropriate services are in place and to deliver corporate and hospital strategic and operational objectives and standards.
3. Delivery of key quality, performance and financial plans and achieving key service improvements of departments.
4. As part of the key management personnel, to work with senior management to craft strategy and tactics and support implementation to the hospital’s objectives.
5. To lead projects and cross train staff on principles and application of lean and operations management principles.
6. Leading and driving changes to achieve improvements in processes for better patient outcomes and financial balance through the application of operations management principles.
7. Deputising, where appropriate, for the COO in his/her absence.
8. To support special projects and/or assigned tasks from time to time.
9. Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the COO and Chief Executive Officer.
University degree, ideally relevant to Healthcare sector.
§ Minimum 5 years’ experience in management preferably in a Healthcare environment.
§ Excellent interpersonal skills.
§ Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
§ Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
§ Honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
§ Self-starter, resourceful and an ability to work independently.
§ Able to interact with people at all levels
§ Able to work beyond normal hours in support of projects or other assignments.
§ Willing to travel and be assigned to different locations within Malaysia.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance