Kitchen Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage kitchen staff and coordinate food orders.
- Supervise food prep and cooking.
- Check food packaging and temperature.
- Schedule kitchen staff shifts.
- Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Train kitchen staff on prep work and food packaging techniques.
- Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators).
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports.
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef.
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients.
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Conflict management abilities.
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends.
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Personal development opportunities