The Maintenance Manager will take full accountability and responsibility for managing plant engineering and maintenance functions. The job covers routine machine management, production machine development and includes project work.
- To be the owner of engineering standards commensurate with food factory hygiene.
- To ensure the current asset base is well maintained, supports production needs, and delivers the required reliability & efficiencies demanded of the business.
- To participate in training and transfer of simple engineering routines into production hence allowing production personnel to up-skill but also to free up valuable engineering resource for development or project duties
- To manage and coordinate all project work relating to the production and the site facility ensuring timely delivery, to cost, and achievement of project parameters.
- Develop and maintain team working with suppliers, colleagues, peers, both internal and external customers, continuously develop knowledge and understanding of tooling and production technology, markets, products, company procedures/policies and customers
- To actively participate in site Capex preparation, discussion and meetings.
- To prepare and gain approval for plans and budgets for the engineering department so it can meet its objectives within the overall site annual plan.
- Ensure that all members of the engineering / technical team have clear objectives, and have review processes in place. Motivate and support the engineering team to develop their individual capability and to achieve the team objectives
- Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- 5+ years of manufacturing plant or food packaging.
- Maintenance and Facilities background will be a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience of working with FMCG and food service manufacturing companies is advantage.
- Good understanding of manufacturing (technology, process, etc)
- Good communication in English.