Responsibility of Position:
- In charge of GEC communications, PR and media linkages and partnerships.
- Help to develop collaboration with national and regional media outlets i.e. media relations (print, electronic and social media).
- Assist in developing content for social media and website, story development, marketing communications and promotion.
- Assist in fundraising activities, including the development of sales and marketing of GEC merchandise and community products programmes
- Help to organise awareness campaigns, events or workshops.
- Support information exchange and networking activities of different programmes including:
- Supporting implementation of projects related to networking and information exchange; environmental management and community involvement.
- Copy writing
- Maintaining library and photo reference collections
- Facilitating electronic discussion groups
- Degree or diploma in public relations or communications or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience
- Fluent in English & Bahasa Melayu with good writing skills; other relevant languages an advantage.
- High degree of competency in Microsoft suite of programs and internet use
- Working experience in communication, media and outreach would be an advantage.
- Experience with updating website and graphic design/image editing using Adobe is helpful.
- Knowledge of or interest in environmental issues would be an advantage
- Experience in information exchange, networking and database.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in team
- Pleasant personality with good public relation skills
The Hiring Manager
Global Environment Centre
2nd Floor, Wisma Hing, No.78, Jalan SS2/72 47300 Selangor, MALAYSIA
Phone 03 7957 2007, Fax 03 7957 7003
Deadline : 7th January 2021