- Responsible for supervising, coordinating, training and scheduling the Tool Design & Tool Room repair personnel during the fabrication, maintenance and repair of tools and dies.
- Oversee the activities of the tool department in order to minimize down time and support production.
- Work as global role to manage several sites’ tooling department, supporting DFM, RFQ, internal & external audits, communication with customers.
- To develops strategies, drive FPS LEAN Culture, and specific programs in order to achieve business objectives.
- To support and/or production departments in various manufacturing or product development
- To support and provide ideas/proposal of best practices to a dedicated team of key manufacturing personnel.
- To cultivates a culture of continuous improvement through analyzing production/ manufacturing methods and processes.
- To improves product/ process quality, performance, production and profitability.
- To drive OEE, Kaizen and topics related to FPS initiatives (according but not limited to FPS GB
training materials provided)
- To drive global tooling department strategy towards best practices and best tooling performance to support daily operation.
- To lead tooling team in DFM, RFQ, ISO/IATF qualification/certification, Mold Flow analysis, PPAP, ECN, VACD and improvement of tooling quality and productivity.
- To represent sites as a Global Tool Manager interfacing with customers on tooling
- NPI/Qualification/DFM/RFQ & etc.
- To lead global team in meeting production objectives
- To supervise, train and cultivate best practices in Tool & Die Fabrication/Repairs in safety, maintenance, and quality methods & procedures and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Support Quality team with improving and maintaining tools and dies.
- Ensure tooling specifications after each pm, die repair, engineering change.
- Teach/Mentor tooling team on die functions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Track downtime to identify projects.
- Consult with the General Manager related to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production & quality of products.
- Perform performance appraisals with the assistance of the General Manager and Human
- Resources, making recommendations on promotions or other changes in status of employees you are directly responsible for.
- Responsible to maintain compliance with organizational policies, and safety standards.
- 5+ year’s supervisory experience in tooling in an precision injection molding facility or equivalent preferably with automotive manufacturing and/or electronics industries background.
- Tertiary education in Mechanical engineering or equivalent. Certification in any Tool Making education background or equivalent is a plus
- Knowledgeable of CAD/CAM systems/software for product/tool design, CNC machine tools, Mold
- Flow Analysis and good computer skills to work with other tooling/mold related software is a plus.
- Experience with APQP, GD&T, Automotive quality and appearance standards, and grain
Perks & Benefits
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
Unit 28-06, Level 28, Q Sentral, 2A Jalan Stesen Sentral 2,
Click to view the location on Google maps