A Day in GirlStyle Malaysia Office:
“There are no ugly women, only lazy ones.” - Helena Rubinstein
The pursuit of beauty - this could be one of the reasons why our digital media brand GirlStyle 马来西亚女生日常 has grown from 0 to 240k+ Facebook followers and becomes one of the largest female online magazine in Malaysia within 2 years.
Sharing your beauty expertise with and making every woman more beautiful - these could be your reasons that make you want to be a beauty editor. However, good content without readership is nothing. With 240k+ and ever growing raving fans on GirlStyle 马来西亚女生日常, your beauty post is just one click away from being viral.
Stay tuned for the likes, shares and a big “thank you”.
What will you do?
- Curate quality content in beauty in article & video format in Chinese
- Review beauty content produced by junior editors, ensure its consistency and quality
- To manage relationships with PR contacts in targeted beauty brands, ask for the latest products for our editor's review and stay tuned to the latest trend and developments of beauty brands.
- Prepare for organic and sponsored video content on beauty topics and direct our cameraman for shooting and editing.
- To present yourself and share your beauty knowledge with followers in organic and sponsored content in article and video format
- Actively communicate with sales team and suggest content direction in beauty topics catering to local audience’s interest
Who will you be:
- Degree educated; relevant majors in Marketing / Mass Communications or Journalism will be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- 3 years or above experience as Beauty Editor in digital publishers
- Digital enthusiast with strong sense of latest beauty topics
- Good content contributor with a strong interest in developing creative content in the form of text, graphics or video
- Proficient Chinese writer
- Send us your resume
- Share with us your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook page, Instagram accounts, Youtube channel)
- If you have a portfolio of previous creative work, this will be a huge advantage
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to write two articles in Mandarin that suits GirlStyle Malaysia’s content strategy
Make sure that you have visited our page!
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities