Responsibility & Authority:
- Design improvement thru DFM or DFC input from customer.
- Responsible for all new tool development, involvement spanning from product design to first article release.
- Work with machinist on matching feasibility referencing to designed tool concept.
- Supporting program team by responding to technical input to tool structure design, potential issues and resolutions.
- Tool design development for 3D & 2D. (if needed).
- Working knowledge of 3-D modeling, generating 2D drawings per mechanical drafting standards
- Ensure there is sufficient lead time of the tool fabrication to meet customers’ schedule requirement.
- Expertise in the maintenance and repair of stamping molds and dies would be added advantage.
- Interface with supplier on customer requirement for any 2D spec out.
- Perform Tooling DFM for any product that need new tooling/ tooling modification.
- Preparing concept designs of mechanical sub-system that meets customer requirements and expectations, reliability and robustness requirements, manufacturing processes and safety guidelines
- Work with a team of highly qualified engineers to generate the overall design concept for the mechanical subsystem architecture as well as the detailed design of the mechanical components which include design of injection molding plastic, die casting, sheet metal stamping, rubber and elastomers, and rigid and flexible printed circuit boards.
- Responsible to verify / generate mechanical parts BOM (Bill of Material) for new products.
- Prepare DFM (Design for Manufacturing) report for new product from customer-provided or internal developed mechanical designs.
- Review, troubleshoot and feedback supplier production fixture / test fixture or process related issues during new product development to relevant department.
- Perform engineering evaluation, DOE & etc and provide report for new process development. Liaise with Process sustaining team and SQE on the changes make.
- To participate and inspect to buy off First Article (QDP) parts.
- To support customer new production build when necessary.
- Any other task assigned by superior.
- Diploma in mechanical, manufacturing or having related field, or having 5 years’ experience in metal stamping, machining, die casting and plastic injection industries.
- At least 5 years’ experience in metal stamping, machining, die casting and plastic injection industries.
Skill & Training Required:
- Knowledge in AutoCad and Solidwork
Perks & Benefits
G-1-2 & G-1-3 Lorong Bayan Indah 1
Click to view the location on Google maps