Our client is a global chemicals company offering a wide range of applications for the manufacturing, building construction and consumer products industries.
As a Technical/R&D advisor to the senior management, the role will be responsible for overall directive for the R&D department. The incumbent will be in charge in providing technical leadership for developments of Product and Process improvement methods, supporting global product expansion plans.
- Plan technical roadmap and actively play an advisory role to the Senior Management team as the key focal specialist for the Research & Development division..
- To provide technical inputs to support the sales team in pitching for new businesses and for any commercial driven activities.
- In depth technical leadership in all aspects of R&D activities from molecular level research until trial pilot run.
- Evaluate current process technologies and lead the development and optimisation of required manufacturing processes to support product development growth.
- Progressively look into new avenues of innovation for both existing and future products.
- Develop & research on global trends in the chemical industry and drive the company towards a global standard in research and technology.
- Responsible to run revision of current product cost structure while ensuring zero implication on product quality.
- Actively evaluate new source of raw materials globally and develop coherent long term sourcing strategies.
- To mediate or advise value-added testing or certification for products and services
- Support QC-laboratory in creation of standardized quality control methods and guidelines
- Bachelors Degree/Masters or PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering fields
- Minimum five (5) years leadership experience in R&D and/or process development preferably gained from a specialty chemicals/construction chemicals or polymer related industries
- Hands on experience in developing formulations and recipes
- People management skillset
- Possess track record in initiating successful R&D and Product Development projects towards commercialization
- Possess an innovative mind-set and able to relate technicalities to product commercialization
- Able to communicate well in English, both verbal and written forms
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities