Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
** This is a key role in being the bridge between internal stakeholders (i.e local GSO, US Operation,etc) and external parties. The successful candidate should be a person who is strong in technical accounting/finance as well as good management in supervising team and ensuring KPIs are met.
Shared Services Centre experience (in supporting regional and/or international entities in accounting deliverables) in MNC set up is advantage.
The Role :
As the GSO Finance Lead, you will oversee all activities within the GSO to ensure accounting services are delivered on a timely and accurate manner. You will ensure smooth transition and consolidation of information to the US Finance manager and meeting global Group reporting purposes. You will provide supervisory and oversight in the respective areas including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, fixed assets, cost control, audit, taxation (US/support US FM) etc. You will also work & support US Finance Manager in areas relating to internal controls, audit schedules, compliance to accounting standard etc. You will look into ways to improve existing processes and ensure KPIs are maintained and communicated effectively to ensure satisfactory service delivery.
- Leading a GSO Finance team in Malaysia Office and a team player with strong leadership skills
Responsible for preparing entries to system and compiling full set of accounts (AR, AP & GL) with supporting schedules and notes.
- Prepare general ledger, bank reconciliation and organize all supporting documentation.
- Ensure operational and procedures are strictly followed and meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Review all journal posting which prepared by subordinates, and maintain the accuracy ofaccounting ledgers .
- Ensure timely and accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data and revenue/cost reports.
- Monitor daily cash flow and weekly forecast.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Sale and Use Tax for California BOE and Texas Webfile submission (support US FM).
- Responsible to maintain updates on inter-company transactions.
- Lead AR team for customer invoicing and collection including monitor customer aging balance, follow up payment and overdue account.
- Lead AP team for supplier invoice to ensure proper classification and arrange payment on timely basis.
- Handle all special billing (sponsorship/rebate/VBR or etc.) to ensure they contain correct information and supporting details.
- Monitor incoming mails concerning billing and invoicing, communicate with customer and supplier about billing discrepancies and queries within 24 hours.
- Participates in annual audits and special project.
Responsible for develop and train the accounting assistant/executive and new comer.
Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis.
- Compile various month-end reports and schedules.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities