About the Accountant role:
In this Accountant role, you will be responsible for delivering financial reporting in accordance with the established financial reporting processes and work procedures while complying to Worley’s policies & guidelines, local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for day to day transactional accounting for the business which includes accounts receivable (debtors management and invoicing) & accounts payable (supplier invoices and payments)
- Carry out month end closing activities ie: journal preparation & Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) reporting
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end, year-end and statutory financial reports on timely, accurate and complete basis. This would include reports for group reporting, internal management reporting, statutory reporting as well as any agreed ad hoc reports required e.g. audit schedules, tax schedules etc.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, trend analysis, cost center checks and transaction posting checks.
- Trouble shoot to resolve issues related to financial reporting processes
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on financial reporting work issues and queries
- Take part in transformation project of the SSC & encourage continuous improvement through process and practices to achieve a highly efficient and innovative culture.
- To succeed in the Accountant role, you will need to be hands-on, responsible and able to deliver quality work within stipulated timeline.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, professional accounting qualifications (ACCA /CIMA /CPA) will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience - Preferred candidate with initial years of working experience with public accounting firm and candidates from Big 4 are highly preferred. Followed by MNC experience in General ledger month-end processes, statutory reporting and other finance areas.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Advance excel, MS Power point, Malaysia FRS and other accounting regulatory requirements is a pre-requisite.
- Preferably familiarity with Oracle, HFM & Hyperion reporting platforms or other major SAP system’s work environment.
- Organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Good team player and strong sense of accountability
- Meticulous, analytical, responsible and diligent.
Kindly apply online or send your resume to: careers.bsc@WorleyParsons.com
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities