About the Accounting Manager role,
This position is responsible for leading a service oriented team of more than 10 staffs and managing the R2R process to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting to the assigned countries across Asia Pacific (APAC), European & Middle East (EMEA) and North America (NAM).
- Ensure the daily operational activities for R2R as whole are managed and delivered timely to the Location within the Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Operation activities consists of Journal processing, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) reporting, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation and Compliance reporting are managed and delivered timely to the Locations aligned with corporate deadlines.
- Focal point for Locations for any escalation for all operational activities related to accounting deliverables by providing solution to location promptly to resolve the issues and making sure that services provide are meeting service levels and quality.
- Collaborate/Coordinate with the other stream to ensure that the integrated process carried out smoothly to provide constant and quality deliverables to locations.
- Ensuring all team members are complying to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Ensure all direct reports to attend any queries/requirement/recommendation from internal team/ Location/ Auditors on the operational activities in accordance to SLA &KPIs.
- Takes accountability for own and team performance by monitoring closely via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) result and constantly provide solutions to improve the results.
- Lead operational meeting with team and ensure all required action items agreed with the internal team/ Locations / External Auditors within agreed deadline.
- Report to Management promptly on the status of the operations and ensure prompt escalation to management if necessary.
- Monitor team members’ performance via performance management and ensure adherence to clear structured policies and processes for Authorizations, Escalation routes, Compliance and Tasks.
- Supervision of staff. This includes coaching the employee, motivate team and build the employee development/succession planning and discipline measures.
- Ensure the new and existing team members are trained through proper knowledge transfer; sharing of resource, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Demonstrate good leadership and work independently with minimum supervision from Group Operation Manager
- Manage the staff resources include hiring and forward hiring process, staff job rotation, job allocation and develop robust backup plan
- Build and sustain effective relationships with locations, Project Team and Quality to deliver quality performance and implement best practices.
- Engage the stakeholder to resolve any operational issues.
- Constantly review, signoff and maintain accurate and up to date SOPs and reference materials
- Identify opportunities and implement process improvements, simplifications and standardization.
- Identify business needs and contribute solutions to business problems.
- 10 years working experience related working experience in General ledger month-end processes, statutory reporting and other finance areas.
- ACCA / CPA / ICAEW / CIMA is an added advantage
- Experience is supervising staff (> 10 staffs).
- Able to work in shift
- Shared Services experience is an advantage
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good managerial skills with good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to perform in dynamic multi-cultural environment with an adaptive attitude.
Kindly apply online or send your resume to : careers.bsc@WorleyParsons.com
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities