JOB SUMMARY, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide educational and academic leadership for excellence in teaching, learning and research within the University’s philosophy and environment.
- Direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the programs, activities and academic
including research affairs of the responsible faculty.
- Exercise direct supervision over professional, technical and clerical staff. Coordinate assigned activities with other faculties, divisions and outside agencies.
- Provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Academic.
- Ensure the faculty achieves the annual research publications target.
- Ensure publication of at least one (1) personal research paper annually.
B. Key Areas of Responsibility / Accountability:
- Provide educational and academic leadership for excellence in teaching, learning
and research within the faculty and University.
- Provide strategic direction for short, mid and long term along with the faculty’s
vision, in line with the University’s vision
- Create and nurture collaborative relationship within the Faculty, Administrator
and staffs from other faculty’s and departments across the University and act as a partner in creating cohesive teams.
- Act ethically in all matters, network with others and build a strong reputation
among others in the University.
- Respond and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints by students,
staff, faculty and members of the public.
- Serve as a resource for the Faculty and Staffs regarding student behaviors and
- Act as a collaborative partner for institutions and agencies in the community
such as local businesses and high schools for student internship placements and
for new student enrollment.
- Lead and participate in all marketing initiatives.
- Conduct, prepare and present a variety of the faculty’s studies, surveys, analyses, staff reports and other necessary correspondence and reports.
- Set annual professional goals and engage in continual professional development activities including those related to research publications.
2. Programme Development
- Practice the standards of accreditation.
- Take lead and coordinate in the development of new programmes.
- Participate in the development and administration of the faculty’s budgets.
- Take lead and coordinate in the review of the Faculty’s existing programmes.
- Take lead and coordinate in the accreditation of Faculty’s programmes.
3. Planning / Execution of School Operations
- Develop, supervise and monitor course offering, time table, resources and manpower allocation.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching delivery methods and procedures.
- Conduct regular evaluation in accordance to the standard operating procedures
set by the faculty and the University.
- Provide and coordinate staff training including those related to research
- Oversee the manpower requisition and direct hiring of the faculty to best meet
the interest of the faculty.
- Direct the forecasting of staffing, equipment’s, materials, and supplies needs
particularly within the context of the Faculty and the University’s standard operating procedures.
- Direct and monitor approved expenditures and make adjustments when deemed necessary.
- Coordinate the selection, use and maintenance of equipment and facilities assigned to the faculty.
- Ensure compliance with MQA, local regulations, laws, and policies.
- Coordinate with marketing and academic divisions efforts to recruit and retain
students. (minimum 2 students /semester)
- Coordinate the development, review and revision of Faculty’s publications,
publicity and public relations activities concerning the faculty.
- To teach subjects allocated by the management.
- To be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the subjects assigned. The responsibilities of an SME includes;
- Preparing a study guide for the module
- Setting the assignment questions (to be ready before the start of a new semester)
- Setting the Final Exam Questions and provide an appropriate answer and marking schemes.
- To prepare questions for quizzes or any continuous assessment tests if such are planned and required.
5. Research and Publication
- Responsible for a minimum of five (5) research publications (must be affiliated with the University)
- Establishing a sound research culture in the faculty.
- Set the faculty’s annual research publications target in line with the University’s
research publications target, and to provide quarterly research publications
progress report to the Director of Research Publications.
- Lead the faculty to ensure achievement of the faculty’s annual research
- Initiating and promoting ethically accountable research of quality and increasing
- To provide general management, and academic and research administration of
- To undertake reasonable academic tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the
management of the University.
- Participate and represent the faculty and university in promotional activities.
- Participate in Staff Activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the management.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture