Responsibility of Position:
To lead implementation of GEC projects on the community-based management of peatland and mangrove ecosystem in Selangor and Peninsular Malaysia including peatland and mangrove conservation, rehabilitation, hydrology management, fire prevention and control, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and others are relevant including:
- Provide technical support on best practices on peatland and mangroves management and restoration as well as impact evaluation techniques
- Implementation of ongoing projects on community-based management of peatland ecosystem
- Development of new projects and activities in partnership with local government, community and private sector as well as with other NGO.
- Manage and guide a team of project programme officers, as well as support capacity building, knowledge sharing and resource management to ensure project team is equipped to support GEC’s current and future programme/ initiatives.
- Support measures to empower and enhance livelihood of targeted local communities.
- Development of strategic project implementation plan and support the sustainability of existing community programme
- Developing linkages and support for collaboration among key stakeholders in the Selangor State and Peninsular Malaysia.
- Development and implementation of awareness and education programme for school students, local community and other stakeholders.
- Representing GEC at local and national meetings/ conferences/seminars.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- A degree either in biology, environmental, social science or natural resource management.
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant working experience involving community development or natural resource management.
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with proven ability to mentor and motive others
- Prepared to work in field conditions and adaptive to odd working hours
- Pleasant personality, good PR capabilities
- Fluent in Malay and English.
- Possess good writing and communication skills.
Global Environment Centre
2nd Floor, Wisma Hing
No.78, Jalan SS2/72
47300 Selangor, MALAYSIA
Phone 03 7957 2007, Fax 03 7957 7003
Deadline : 21st February 2020
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Annual leave