To formulate the technology strategies, model and architecture, assessing the technology needs and promote the adoption of the technology in MDEC
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Management of IT Operations, System Infrastructure and IT Security
- Prepare an annual Operational IT Plan at the beginning of the fiscal year to reflect the current year IT operations and development.
- Ensure that IT infrastructure and operational services are maintained and enhanced based on the outlined IT strategy
- Oversee the management of the network infrastructure, it’s maintenance, development and ongoing availability.
- Ensure data is stored securely and is accessible at all times (e.g. business continuity, disaster recovery and system back up).
- Management of the IT outsourcing services & providers and formulate user support programs
- to improve customer service management capabilities and effective IT service delivery
- Formulating and improvising IT Policies, Procedures and IT Service Delivery best practices
- Oversee and provide guidance on the design and implementation of information systems
- Review and approve the development and maintenance of system architecture, standards and protocol for data exchange, communication, interconnection between systems i.e. internal or external system.
- Ensure IT system recovery plan and program are established and enforce for busines continuity in the event of major disaster and system damages
2. Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of IT systems
- Manage overall IT risk by outlining risk management and IT security programs as well as continuous monitoring program, consistent with the magnitude of harm that could result from the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access to or modification of the information in the system
- Ensure that IT security and the associated costs are incorporated and accounted for throughout the life cycle of all IT systems
- Link IT security planning to strategic and operational IT planning, IT investment review, and enterprise architecture planning. Incorporate IT security measures in enterprise architecture plan
3. Solution designing based on organizational strategy and needs
- Partner with the organization to understand business IT requirement and design systems solutions to meet the needs
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
4. Assessing technology needs and promoting the adoption of technology
- Conduct research and analysis and technology trending for technology adoption considerations
- Ascertaining level of technology adoption across the company
- Plan and implement the program to increase the technology adoption in the company
- Provide technology advisory as and where required
5. IT Project Management
- Manage resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning
- Oversees the project plan, project scope, schedules, resource estimates, project budget, issue management, risk management, change control and status reporting.
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of projects identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar qualification
- Overall working experience of 10 years’ with a minimum 7+ years’ deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience on distributed applications
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure, DevOps, IT Transformation, Big Data and Application Migration.
- Vertical industry pre-sales and delivery experience of contemporary IT services and solutions
- Understanding of software development tools and methodologies
- Solid presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Hands on experience leading IT transformation projects.
- Track record of implementing AWS / Azure services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Use of AWS / Azure services in distributed environments with custom Java, PHP, .NET applications and other modern web applications.
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
- People / Team Leadership experience
- Advanced Degrees in engineering and/or business
- Experience in technology/software pre-sales consulting or equivalent skills
- Professional experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS Azure
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
- Understanding of application, server, and network security requirements in the context of Government and Public Data
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA
- Fixed Allowance for managerial level above (petrol & car allowances)
- Flex-time, Flex-place, Flex-benefit
- Education support
- Casual dress code
- Medical coverage
- Dental & Optical
- Annual leave
- Free parking