Our client is one of the construction steel manufacturer based in Pasir Gudang looking for Factory Manager (Start Up).
The Factory Manager will have responsibility and accountability of operational performance with respect to the site’s P&L, budget, and capital planning.
The successful hire will lead and manage all site manufacturing, supply chain and maintenance activities and deliver results consistent with customer requirements, the company budget and the manufacturing work plan. He/She will be accountable for operational process and procedures which ensure worker safety, compliance with environmental regulations and integrate with the company quality systems. He/She will be responsible to drive the continuous improvement of Plant operations through the implementation of process improvements, lean initiatives and employee development.
- Coach, lead and counsel managers, supervisors and other staff to achieve business objectives and to support individual employee development
- Create and implement manufacturing and maintenance practices, procedures, metrics, systems and structures to align with customer requirements, the manufacturing work plan and the company business plan.
- Coordinate all manufacturing and maintenance practices, procedures, systems and the work culture will include the core values of worker safety, compliance with environmental regulations and the company quality systems.
- Work with Department Managers to establish ongoing capacity analysis for the various manufacturing department
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve efficiencies in processing, packaging, labor utilization, capacity planning, procurement, inventory control, quality, safety, and on-time delivery leading to optimal unit cost and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and communicate the annual Manufacturing Work Plan and operations budget.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities operate consistent with the Work Plan and the budget.
- Participate in the development of tactical and strategic customer price strategies to align with Company objectives.
- Establish plans to guide and drive future manufacturing activities to include but not be limited to safety, customer needs, business profitability, resource allocation and inventory control..
- Work with applicable internal and external experts to establish optimum workflow, systems, facilities and equipment requirements.
- Participate in customer visits, supplier audits and similar activities to share information about company products, services and manufacturing capabilities to retain customer relationships and develop new business relationships and to ensure supplier reliability.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual manufacturing Activity Reports, Budgets, Project Management documents, etc.
- A Bachelor Degree, preferably in Engineering or similar major.
- 10+ Years in Plant Operations Management.
- Demonstrated manufacturing experience and success in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on experience with the development and implementation of Lean Initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with manufacturing resources planning and an integrated capital appropriations/budget plan.
- Business and financial acumen, including a solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting are essential; Sound analytic skills and decision-making capabilities.
- The proven ability to work productively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- The proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results;
- Demonstrated and solid team building skills;
- Demonstrated skills with PC office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate as effectively on the shop floor as in the executive suite.
- Demonstrates a proactive management approach with a willingness to lead by example and the ability to champion and lead change initiatives for the betterment of the facility and the company. Along with identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure
Interested candidates may apply online via http://careers.nalaemployment.com/. Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.