1. To assist the Management by providing guidance, support and legal advice primarily on Partnership, Procurement, Support Business, Strategy and Corporate Sections:
(i) due diligence and structuring of contractual documents and obligations; contract drafting and review, negotiation, and dispute resolution
(ii) drafting, reviewing and/or finalising of contracts and legal documents referred to by the Customers and provide verbal and written legal advice whenever necessary/or as and when requested; and
(iii) to represent company at meetings, discussions and negotiations with internal and external parties to formalize a legal relationship and conclude a contractual obligation
(iv) Attend any internal committee meetings set up by any divisions in the company to assess issues and risks associated with the provision of service primarily on Partnership, Procurement, Support Business, Strategy and Corporate Sections
(v) Evaluation, attending to and on resolving legal issues in contracts, business and operations within the company, primarily on Partnership, Procurement, Support Business, Strategy and Corporate Sections.
2. Assist Management in the followings:
(i) prepare updates to the company's management on any corporate and legal matters or issues, as and when required;
(ii) manage, organize and coordinate legal awareness program and other similar programs for relevant personnel in the Company and its group of companies;
(iii) liaise with company's Panel of Solicitors and/or international legal specialist on issues of importance to the Customers;
(iv) manage and assist in the formulation, drafting, advising and reviewing of any guidelines, policies or procedures on operational matters of the company primarily on Partnership, Procurement, Support Business, Strategy and Corporate Sections.
3. Attend seminars or workshops related to law, as well as development of leadership skills in order to enhance legal knowledge and behavioral competencies.
- Possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Law LLB (Hons)
- Possess Special/Professional Certificate and have admitted to the Malaysian Bar (preferred)
- Years of Experience - 5 years (minimum)
- Field of Expertise - Corporate, commercial (experience as practicing lawyer will be an added advantage)
- Personality Traits - Pleasant personality, Confident and persuasive, People oriented and a team player, Efficient and able to work in a fast paced environment, Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Full understanding of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Good judgement and ability to analyse situation
- Excellent communication skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Fitness membership