DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clerk of work qualifications is ideal; in lieu of, we require tangible working experience in managing construction/building renovations. Key responsibilies of the CFS, are to manage the renovation project under the Operations Department.
1. Managing the contractors and sub-contractors:
- The overall design, layout
- All related drawings (interior design and technical drawings and requirements)
- The agreed upon BQ (Bill of Quantity) and timelines
- Budget requirements and to manage project within budget allocated
- Meeting minutes, documenting progress, timelines and on-going project agreements
2. Organising WIP updates on Renovation Project with the Head of HCD and the Renovation Working Team.
3. Site inspections:
- Tracking/monitoring renovation progress against all related drawings, BQ and written instructions
- Monitoring renovation measurements on site to ensure on track as per all related drawings, BQ and written instructions
- Monitoring renovation samples on site to ensure that the materials meet the required specifications
- Familiarity with the renovation contract (Letter of Agreement) and the legal requirements to ensure the work delivered is completed
- Take note of potential changes and/or shortcomings during the site visits (red flags) – to lert Head of HCD on a timely basis to ensure timely responses
4. Work with local authorities (when required).
5. To support with Building Management responsibilities, as and where necessary.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- 2 years or more of working experience in construction and/or engineering
- Able to read construction drawings and track renovation and construction requirement accordingly
- Knowledge of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
- Attentive to detail when checking work and material
- Good spoken and written communication
- 6 months contract
Perks and benefit
- free parking
- casual dress code