Job Requirement :
- 10 - 15 years of solid PR experience.
- Specializing in Public Relations/Communications or equivalent.
- MUST have Agency experience (experience with Lifestyle, Consumer, FMCG, Entertainment and Corporate accounts).
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press.
- Excellent client handling.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a range of clients.
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior players.
- Commercial acumen and experience of developing new business.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the PR and communications sector.
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business.
- Senior contact for client accounts.
- Manage client service and agency performance.
- Oversee PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery.
- Analyse PR outcomes and interpret data.
- Present findings to the board, clients and key stakeholders.
- Delegate and provide advice to junior team members.
- Nurture and develop talent.
- Win new business and grow client accounts.
- Contribute to the overall business.
- Develop a wide network and establish credible contacts.
- Provide strategic advice to senior board members and key stakeholders.
- Manage superior service delivery and nurture client relationships.
- Comply with legal formalities and contractual obligations.
- Seek new business opportunities, pitching to prospective clients and network contacts.
- Managing client relationships and building long-term partnerships with key client groups.
- Providing feedback and dialogue with existing clients, and evaluating current and past projects.
- Executing creative client projects and liaising with key personnel regarding delivery and success.
- Generating new business and identifying growth opportunities within current client contracts.
- Developing a consistent and innovative corporate brand message.
- Providing senior leadership within the business.
- Developing the public relations team alongside other senior leaders to support brand building exercises and boost positive media coverage.
- Taking ownership of storytelling with new and creative ideas, driving the editorial strategy with content pitches, press alerts and new campaigns in a range of media including social media.
- Monitoring the industry and external climate to advise on public relations strategy and positioning.
- Managing public relations crises and providing counsel to senior leaders.
- Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers.
- Outstanding public relations skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to present to a range of stakeholders at a senior level and at client events.
- Creative talents with an ability to initiate new campaigns.
- Delegation and supervisory skills.
- Keen networker with an ability to build and maintain large numbers of industry and media contacts.
- Team player with leadership and management skills within a PR environment.
- Project management talents with an aptitude for organisation and attention to detail.
- Business acumen with the ability to communicate across departments and represent PR at a senior level within the business.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline including marketing, communications or business is desirable but not essential. Experience may outweigh professional qualifications if you have proven track records in a similar position.
Generally, office hours are 9:00am - 6:00pm. However, you are often expected to attend events outside of regular hours. Working later (or on weekends) is not uncommon in the days leading up to a new business pitch, event, or when managing a crisis. There may be a requirement to work irregular hours or overtime to meet client deadlines, manage a client crisis or press launch. Attending networking events and social occasions with clients will also add to your working hours.