- Responsibility for the execution of day to day shipping operational activities.
- Plan, coordinate and arrange for all shipments and ensuring timely deliveries.
- Act as a primary point of contact for customers and communicate proactively to keep customers informed of any issues.
- Ensure smooth execution of the vessel’s port operations lifecycle by working closely with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Handle, co-ordinate, supervise all procedures and import/export documentation pertaining to crew matter, shipments, including liaising with warehouse, ocean forwarders and shipping liners.
- Liaise with Importer, Exporter, Forwarders, Transporters, Custom Department and other government agencies related to shipping and other logistic requirements.
- Prepare invoice, packing list, regular report when a shipment is confirmed and to be delivered.
- Respond to customer's inquiries and complaints and coordinate with other department to resolve the issue.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with customers with purpose of gaining an understanding for their business, service needs and drivers of success.
- Actively work together with colleagues within and beyond functions and locations.
- Provide assistant to general operational ocean freight functions General correspondences with customers and other inter-department for ocean freight movements
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Bachelor' s Degree in Logistic/Transportation, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years relevant work experience in shipping will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduates (CGPA minimum 3.0) who are keen to grow their career in Shipping are also encouraged to apply.
- Preferably male candidates and able to speak and Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia,
- Chinese speaking candidates are added advantage.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, self-motivated, organized, hardworking, result and customer-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and fast-paced environment
- Meticulous and systematic in learning and carrying out task
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Overtime work is required for this position
- Possess own transportation as needed to work at the sea port
- Candidate to undertake ad-hoc duties as assigned by immediate superior.
- Candidate must be willing to work in the designated location (Port Klang, Johor Bahru, Kemaman, or Labuan).
- Basic Salary
- Operations allowance
- Performance Bonus
- EPF, SOCSO, Medical card
- Leave Entitlement
- Opportunities for career development
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?