- To manage daily project task as in site coordination, site management, weekly reporting to the client, submission of all relevant documents to the client, obtaining work permits, all other relevant documentation for site delivery.
- Supervise 4-6 staffs and their daily tasks and find ways to enhance the current work process through automation and supporting systems.
- Monitor the progress of vendors closely and in accordance with project planning.
- Coordinate Client, Consultants, Project Team, Vendors and processors with direct accountability for project delivery.
- Maintain the highest level of work ethics, critical thinking, problem-solving, commitment and integrity including but not limited to maintaining a relationship with clients/vendors and all stakeholders.
- Lead, manage, coordinate and communicate with site workers and sub-contractor to ensure works are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget as well as ensuring quality standards are met.
- Responsible for managing projects from initiation and development to execution and follow-up till completion/handover to Client. Specific job duties may include creating a project calendar, accurately estimating time, cost control, study and understand drawings in detail and resources required to complete the project.
- To monitor progress closely and identify potential works, highlight problems and act proactively to resolve issues within budget, scope, and timeline.
- To ensure no Liquidated and Asserted Damages (LAD) are being imposed by Client to Company due to no deliverance according to a timeline.
- To ensure minimum defects on the project. Defects should be able to qualify as defects by Client and standard building regulations. Non-completion of works and pending works from drawings and bill of quantities do not qualify as defects and as such may result in LAD or back charges or deduction by Client.
- Developing strategies that work to minimize project risk by studying all drawings and bills of quantities thoroughly.
- Attend and schedule meetings with clients, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, third parties, site visits, tender interviews, and relevant authorities.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the project team and subsequently ensuring works are carried out smoothly including site possession, discrepancies between drawings and site conditions, safety aspects, planning aspects, logistics aspects, and quality aspects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors including but not limited to liaison with the contractors and resolve the dispute with regards to suppliers invoicing to facilitate contract department and payment processing, ability to work carry out physical works whilst ensuring proper and timely entry.
- Responsible and accountable to manage materials, machinery, tools and site equipment effectively and efficiently. Also ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including but not limited to reports, logs, manuals, method statements, etc. as required by project owner/client.
- All procurement of site materials, services, appointments of vendors should be done through the procurement department with the issuance of proper documentation as to not misleading any vendors or purchasing items without company knowledge.
- Ensure all purchases made are within Limits of Authority (LOA) assigned to you. All purchases are to be substantiated with justification, bills, relevant instructions that follow. Ensure all claims that arise of this are submitted in a timely manner to capture costs in a project within accounting timelines.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Motivate and assist with project supervisors to be attentive and full participation towards the deliverance of the project.
- Monitor compliance with business policies and internal control documentation.
- The track project team and workstream deliverables and milestones requirements. Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables or project are timely, within procedures, budgets, and limits of team members authority.
- To liaise with clients in an effective and reasonable manner ensuring they are satisfied with work progress, work documentation, quality, and completion.
- Constantly ensuring safety on site is maintained.
- To always act in the best interest of the company.
- Communicate clearly with supervisors, planners, safety officers, quantity surveyors, document controller and all team members on instructions and statements throughout the project.
- To report and inform of any variations on-site alongside with relevant documentation and approval. Ensure ay client request of addition and omission is reported to quantity surveyor/finance/ management, obtaining client approval before proceeding and subsequently communicating changes to project tea clearly.
- Assist Project Director in relevant projects and any other tasks which may be assigned by Management from time to time.
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in the construction management, interior fit-out, project management field with an analytical mind, negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships, commercial and business awareness, good communication skills – both written and verbal, a keen eye for detail.
- Desire to achieve finished projects and ability to stick to budget constraints.
- Hands-on experience with site technicalities and challenges in dealing with sub-contractors.
- Able to work in a team environment, good presentation skills and able to work under pressure and meet tight datelines.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?
Total 2 jobs
Safety Site Supervisor (Contract Based)