- To contact approved shipping lines and negotiate with them competitive freights.
- To circulate the freight rates on monthly basis to the traders.
- To receive from time to time freight enquiries from the Trade Managers.
- To consult with the Head of Shipping and Logistics on the freight offered by the shipping lines.
- To seek approval from the Head of Shipping and Logistics in cases were a freight forwarder is to be used for a particular shipment.
- To receive shipments booking from the shippers and nominate the shipping line.
- To send shipment nomination to the shipping line.
- To follow up on the delivery order (DO) and booking confirmation from the shipping lines.
- To monitor the supplier delivery report and coordinate with them on operations issues.
- To ensure empty containers are allocated by the shipping lines for the nominated shipment and feeder space in secured.
- To monitor shipments loading status on daily basis.
- To comply with the company policies and maintain documented procedure to control all data and sensitive information.
- To update the shipments details in the system and keep fresh updates of all data.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree from Business Administration preferably in Transportation / Logistics.
- 5 years’ experience in Container Shipping or Freight Forwarding Industry, including 2 years at least in executive position or higher.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Comprehensive understanding of Shipping Terms and Documentation.
- Very good command in English (reading, writing and speaking) and knowledge of local language preferred.
- Sound knowledge of SAP (Preferred)
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, result oriented with strong teamwork qualities.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Company trips
- Medical insurance