Your Role and Responsibilities External Relations Professionals protect and enhance IBM's brand by amplifying the company's progress and innovation in technologies, services and R&D that transform industries and society. They play a key role in advancing initiatives that complement both product and corporate PR agendas, and that make a positive impact across private and public sectors, business partners, influencers, alumni and the public at large. They develop communications narratives, data-driven plans and strategies, with a strong focus on storytelling, that promote IBM's leadership across technologies, industries, policy and corporate responsibility. External Relations Professionals use a variety of analytics, influencer and social listening tools to target stories and content to reach the right audiences in the right ways. Skills/Experience include:
- knowledge of IT industry trends and issues;
- track record of developing relationships with key members of the media and IT analyst community;
- ability to maintain a pipeline of compelling story ideas;
- translating technical and business innovations into clear, compelling narratives;
- preparing and media training spokespeople;
- issues management and crisis communications; and
- curating relationships with internal and external SMEs. This requires deep understanding of IBM's strategies and priorities, key market trends across ASEAN, competitive landscape across sectors, and IBM's points of differentiation.
- At least 8-10 years of communications experience, including several years in a regional role.
- Outstanding written and spoken English is a must, as is a track record of driving coverage