- Plan and arrange all transportation needs for deliveries of goods to and from the Company to customers within required timeline.
- Liaise with shipping agents/freight forwarders on availability and bookings of containers and shipments for exports and coordinate with them on required shipping documents.
- Verify and confirm all shipping documents and permit declaration to ensure all are in proper order and handle permit applications to MITI, Chamber of Commerce, Customs and other regulatory authorities where required.
- Coordinate with freight forwarder on customs clearance matters and customs duties and taxes for imported goods.
- Follow-up with freight forwarders and shipping agents to track delivery and update shipment status to customers progressively.
- Monitor and review freight and transportation charges and rates and customs tariff on imported goods for cost control.
- Assist in project procurement, issuing purchase orders and liaising with suppliers on delivery schedules.
- Maintain approved vendor list and monitor performance of existing suppliers on pricing, delivery and services.
- Handle general repairs and maintenance servicing of office fixed assets and fixtures and fittings.
- Perform general office administrative duties.
- Possess at least a Professional Certificate/Diploma in Administration, Logistics or equivalent with minimum 2-3 years of logistics related working experience.
- Good working knowledge of customs regulations and logistics/shipping terms is an advantage.
- Detail-oriented and ability to be multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Highly motivated with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in written and oral communication in English.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?
Total 2 jobs
Sales/Marketing Manager (Mechanical Background)