As a Media Planner, you'll identify which media platforms will best advertise your client's brand or product. You'll work with mainly media owners (traditional, digital & social media) and clients closely, with the aim of maximising the impact of advertising campaigns through a range of media platforms.
By combining creative thinking with factual analysis you'll develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible. You'll also apply the knowledge of media and communication platforms to identify the most appropriate mediums for building awareness of a client's brand.
- Work with the client and the account team to understand the client's business objectives and advertising strategy
- Liaise with media owners, clients and potentially creative agencies to develop media strategies and campaigns.
- Make informed recommendations on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns
- Undertake research and analyse data to optimize media campaigns
- Identify target audiences and analyse their characteristics, behaviour and media habits
- Present proposals, including cost schedules, to clients
- Make and maintain good contacts with media owners
- Manage client relationships to build respect and gain their trust in your judgement
- Proofread advertisement content before release
- Maintain detailed records
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of campaigns
Preferably degree in the following subject, with 2 years and above experience in a similar role.
- Business or management
- Communication and media studies
- Articulate flair in media & advertising
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, for liaising with colleagues, clients and media owners
- A good grasp of literacy, for writing reports and presentations
- A good grasp of numeracy, for data analysis and negotiations
- Ability to work with IT resources such as databases and spreadsheets, for the collection and management of information
- Comfortable in working under pressure and time sensitive environment.
RM 3,500 – 6,000 depending on qualifications.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities