- Monitor procurement support in source, select, evaluate and negotiate on prices, quality standards, cost-reduction targets, delivery timescales and commercial terms and conditions for goods & services purchases.
- Monitor Purchasing Requisition & Purchase Order processing throughout the purchasing circles to ensure quality acceptance. timely supply performances & promptly payment of the goods and services.
- Liaise and co-ordinate closely with suppliers/forwarder and internal Sections/Departments to ensure the efficiency of shipping & purchasing functions.
- Prepare periodic reports and update records on shipping matters, insurance claim purchase and etc.
- Handle shipping documentations & operations for import/export shipment with attention to details.
- Build good rapport and liaise with freight forwarder, custom and relevant government authorities for all shipment arrangement to ensure efficiency of shipping function.
- Good interpersonal skill in attending the ad-hoc shipment enquiries from other departments.
- Follow-up closely with freight forwarder on containers booking, custom clearance and the required documentations.
- Critical thinking in solving issues and initiating the discussion of the problems with superior.
- Proceed to process insurance claim for damaged goods as and when occur.
- Familiar with international shipping incoterms, trade finances and tariff codes.
- Diploma/Degree in Maritime Management / Logistics / Business Administration / Economic or its equivalents with minimum 1-2 years of experience in the shipping / purchasing field.
- Good oral and written communication skill able to speak English & Mandarin and possess good working attitude.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, independent, competent, team player, able to work under minimum supervision & able to handle multi tasks.
- Required skill(s): Microsoft Office Excel, Word & Power Point will be preferable.
- Knowledge on Letter of Credit negotiation and Banker Acceptance will be added advantages