- Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions.
- Manage within a given budget to purchase goods and services for an organization.
- Guarantees that products are delivered in a timely manner, and that the quality of the goods received is satisfactory.
- Negotiate with contractors on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time.
- Purchase goods such as office supplies on a continuing basis in order to maintain certain inventory levels.
- Monitor invoices for accuracy, and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment.
- Analyse the performance of certain vendors in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them.
- Input data concerning inventory and order amounts into a computer database.
- Perform any other duties as instructed from time to time by the Project Manager/ Project Director and Management.
- Proven working experience as a procurement specialist.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in 'reading' the market.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Thorough knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Excel in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Familiarity in collecting and analyzing data.
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
Perks & Benefits
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities