- Company Name: ABB Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Location: Selangor, Other - Malaysia (Subang Jaya)
- Experience: 3 - 5 Years
- Keywords / Skills: Application Engineer,Discrete automation,Machine automation,Application Development,PLC,Servo motion
- Education: Bachelors/ Degree
- Function: Manufacturing/Engineering/R&D
- Role: Application Engineer
- Industry: Electrical/Switchgear
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. Job Description
- Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead.
- Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge
and enrich your work and your mind.
- As an Application Engineer, you will be part of the Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) Business and Machine & Factory Automation (B&R), based in Malaysia. B&R is a solutions champion in the world of machine and factory automation and perfectly complements ABB's world-leading portfolio in process automation, robotics, motion, digitalization and electrification products. With a rapidly growing customer base of more than 4,000 machine manufacturers, a proven track record in automation software and solutions and unrivaled application expertise for customers in machine and factory automation, B&R has achieved tremendous growth over the last four decades. We will
build on this success and strengthen it further with ABB's complementary offering and global reach. Your responsibilities
- Provide application development and technical support for our customers (PLC, servo motion, HMI, Industrial PC).
- Review automation application needs and work out solution together with sales team, mainly in machine control automation, and execute the application project.
- Deliver training workshops to customers and channel partners.
- Work closely with the regional sales team for presales support, proof of concept testing, etc.
- Travel to customer locations to resolve technical problems when needed.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree in mechatronics, robotics, automation or electrical engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of technical background knowledge in the areas of machine automation, motion, robotics and electrical
- Programming skills in high level language and great interest in PC and PLC programming.
- Customer-oriented behavior, creativity, strong self-learning and analytical ability.
- Team player, initiative, responsible and independent with strong communication skills.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?