Company Description: Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products. Job Description Company: Microchip Title: Facility Coordinator Location: Penang Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate facilities-related operations and maintenance activities which may include scheduling repair service and preventative maintenance of building systems (HVAC, Fire, Electricians, Plumbing, Furniture, etc.) with contract service, as well as coordination with Landlord property management as required. Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment while minimizing business disruptions from maintenance of the facility. Monitor all building management systems (HVAC and lighting) and ensure efficient energy utilization.
- Conduct regular site inspections to ensure a functioning, clean and safe work environment. This includes functionality of equipment, upkeep of fixtures and finishes and safety equipment within the building. Document and coordinate repairs and maintenance as required. Perform small general maintenance tasks such as lamp replacement, furniture assembly and repair, paint touch-up, minor plumbing repairs, staff relocation, etc. Assist with development and coordination of facility improvement projects as required.
- Promote office security, health and safety policies. Manage local safety programs including site safety teams, safety documentation and associated programs. Collaborate with corporate security to ensure access control systems are updated, functioning and maintained. Ensure access control processes are implemented and compliant. Maintain site emergency records and respond to facility emergencies as required.
- Manage all space planning activities related to moves, adds and changes. Coordinate new workstation setups, assist in the employee onboarding process and orientation, work with management on space planning strategies and maintain layouts of the facility. Liaise with site Management, IT and HR organizations to ensure successful delivery of workspaces. Prepare space utilization reports.
- Manage contracts and monitor service and supply vendors such as coffee, vending, janitorial, first aid, lunch program, security, archiving, confidential shredding, signage and general maintenance to ensure service level expectations are being maintained. Maintain office equipment such as printers, copiers and fax machines, scheduling service as needed.
- Coordinate with Site Manager and Facility Manager to monitor site operating budget and develop and execute capital planning projects. Maintain vendor purchase orders and invoicing records. Maintain corporate purchasing card for department.
- Work with Facility Manager to negotiate and bid service contracts as required. Services may include but are not limited to janitorial, HVAC services, fire monitoring and maintenance, security, vending services, food services, first aid equipment, confidential shredding, general maintenance, fitness equipment maintenance, concierge services, signage, electrician, data cabling, AV systems, building key systems, fire extinguishers, e-waste disposal and facility improvement projects.
- Serve as after-hours emergency contact for site
- Liaise with Landlord Property Management on site-related matters. Prepare and distribute employee communications regarding facility operations as required.