- Direct and manage overall Quality Control and Quality Assurance operations for KMK. The Quality Assurance function also includes responsibility for overall management of KMK Testing Laboratory (KTL), especially on development, planning and implementation of laboratory tests.
- Manage and lead Quality Control Department in order to implement control plan as designed.
- Provide leadership to develop, improve and maintain Quality Assurance technique. E.g. Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R), KAIZEN and so on.
- Provide leadership to manage technical requirements under ISO17025, as well as SAMM and ILAC’s policies and guidance, such as risk assessment, measurement of uncertainties, decision rules relating to conformity of test specifications etc.
- Lead and manage ongoing quality issues through close liaison with other departments. This includes leading the Technical Executive(s) to manage analysis and administration of Non-Conforming Report (NCR), Failure Report (FR), Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and Customer Complaint to facilitate investigations, as well as to manage all related problem-solving processes led by the QC Leader.
- Maintain accurate Quality Assurance records and database for all related reports, tests and/or analysis. This includes ad-hoc collection of data required for technical analysis. This also includes maintenance of integrity and completeness of all stock movement data records between Quality and Production Departments.
- Oversee and manage coordination of flow of test samples by Technical Executive(s), which includes review of test requests, sample handling and sample conditioning.
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering Departments in development projects as and when required. For example, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) for a new product. The Quality Manager also leads research, implementation and management of test requirements to support R&D and ongoing products. This includes development of tools and systems required to control quality of a specific product. This also includes research, analysis and prescription of relevant tests, and proposal of test specifications for any specific products as required by customers or any other authorities.
- Provide leadership to regular review, revision, maintenance and improvement of quality management systems related to Quality Assurance. This includes Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and all related forms and checklists for KMK’s Integrated Management System (IMS) and ISO 17025.
- Direct and manage regular review and internal/external audit to ensure all quality assurance operations are in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- At least 5 years of working experience in leading and managing quality assurance process, system and team in a similar industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required. Strong technical knowledge and experience in quality assurance technique is highly advantageous.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Track records in experience and ability to create dynamism within a team comprising of operators and executives are highly advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (e.g. Engineering etc.) preferred.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?