You are Excited on....
- Reviewing purchase requisition notes (PRN); establish work priorities to achieve effective and efficient purchasing functionality.
- Requesting for quotations to suppliers based on PRN received; select vendors and issue PO to fulfill request based on pre-established criteria.
- Assuring that competitive suppliers participate in the sourcing and that parts or services specifications quoted matches the specifications noted in the PRN.
- Negotiating with selected suppliers and contractors for best prices, payment terms and delivery time for purchases, including spare parts, supplies, services and contracts.
- Constantly sourcing for lowest possible purchase cost that meets requester requirement.
- Establishing, review and maintain Approved Vendors List.
- Conducting suppliers’ evaluation to ensure they meet the company’s requirements; liaise directly with suppliers in order to address performance issues in service or quality of parts.
- Arranging and negotiate the disposal of metal scrap or other obsolete equipment and parts upon request.
- Determining and execute necessary activities related to ERP system implementation and maintenance related to purchasing area.
- Establishing standard operating procedures related to Purchasing and ensures they are followed by all people involved.
- Executing the process of application to obtain Duty and Sales Tax exemption for all imports with MIDA & Custom.
- Preparing monthly reports of Maintenance and Supplies expenses; analyze trends and identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Monitoring staff performance and prepares performance improvement plans.
You are Confident of having...
- At least a Degree certificate.
- Minimum 5 years working experiences, of which 3 years direct experience in Purchasing field preferably in MNC environment.
- Experience in dealing with custom on duty exemption, custom clearance for machinery, spare part or imported material.
- Capability to lead or coach a group of buyer.
- Able to deal with various stakeholders (internal & external).
- Organized, process-orientated and the ability to work independently.
- Strong negotiation and communication skill, fluent in English & Malay is mandatory; able to converse in Mandarin is an added advantage.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Technical knowledge on machinery or spare part purchases preferably.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance & Dental
- Personal & birthday leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities