This role is primarily responsible for providing end-to-end advisory services on procurement to ensure effective and efficient procurement approach with the best value of money spent. The incumbent will be the subject-matter expert and acts as a source of reference to ensure good governance and transparency all procurement-related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provision of effective and efficient procurement process and procedures
- Conduct periodic development and review of the procurement processes and procedures to meet changes in organisational policies and industry best practice
- Publish policies and SOPs to all staff via intranet portal and/or email communication
- Conduct periodic awareness sessions to MDEC staff on prevailing processes and procedures
- Ensure all procurement activities are performed in the most effective and efficient manner
- Ensure efficient use of resources and add value to the procurement activities.
- Acts as an “advocate for change” and assist MDeC’s management in relation to change issues with stakeholders
- Maintains and improves relevant industry-specific knowledge.
- To do enhanced analysis, a compilation of information, advice on procurement improvement process and procedures and expedite appropriate, informed, improvised methods and value-added procurement exercise and decisions.
2. Provide advisory role for procurement-related activities based on the Procurement Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Guide project team on initiation, pre-requisition, scheduling of procurement related activities
- Communicate, coach and provide information to project team throughout the procurement process
- Review and recommends applications for decisions as well as verifying completeness of evaluation report(s)
- Provides analysis, inputs, improvement and knowledge-based suggestions, where applicable, for cases forwarded by project team for informed decision making to be made by the approving committee and MDEC management
- Consistent maintenance and update of procurement database
- To Issue Letter of Intent to the Responding Organization (RO) approved by the approving committee.
- Prepare monthly procurement report and analysis and other relevant reports as requested
4. Support functions to the approving committees and MDEC management
- Provide Secretarial function for the approving committees
5. Other relevant duties
- To engage with other division’s programs and activities as and when required
- Liaison and price negotiation on placement of advertisements with ad agency of open tender exercises for business units.
- Advise business units on updated quotation rates of advertisements based on selected size and slot, targeted dates of publication of advertisements in order to adhere with duration of tender period, selection of ad agency, etc.
- Recognized tertiary level qualification, preferably in Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistic, Business or a related discipline.
- Extensive purchasing & vendor management related working experiences (preferably > 5 years)
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Fixed Allowance for managerial level (petrol & car allowances)
- Flex-time, Flex-place, Flex-benefit
- Education support
- Casual dress code
- Medical coverage
- Dental & Optical
- Annual leave
- Free parking